Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Kevin Cheng and Myolie Wu awarded Best Actor and Actress in Malaysia


The two actors attended the ‘2011 My Astro On Demand’ and bagged top awards.



Held in Malaysia last night, the 2011 My Astro On Demand saw the attendance of a number of up-and-coming TVB artistes, including Kevin Cheng, Michael Tse, Raymond Lam, Bosco Wong, Ron Ng, Kate Tsui, Tavia Yeung, Myolie Wu and Sharon Chan.

Kevin bagged the My Favourite Actor in a Leading Role award for his role in drama Ghetto Justice; Myolie won the My Favourite Actress in a Leading Role award for her role in Curse of the Royal Harem.

These two prizes were the most coveted awards of the night because they were seen as an indicator to who the winner might be at the upcoming TVB Anniversary Awards, to be held next Monday.

During his acceptance speech, Kevin said, "Someone asked, if I get this award, I wouldn't get the one at TVB. I feel conflicted. Will I get the [TVB] award?"

The audience shouted 'Yes' in reply, showing their support for the actor. Kevin added, "I've a peace of mind now. I shall take the opportunity to say more, because I don't have much chance [to do so]."

Later, a teary-eyed Myolie accepted her award. Fellow actor Raymond embarrassed her when he shouted "Bosco".

The actress said, "He asked me not to thank him in public", sparking roars of laughter. However, Myolie did look in Bosco's direction and thanked him, winning thunderous applause.

No comments: